It’s no secret that as a social enterprise founded by a queer Asian woman, we look forward to Pride Month every year. Pride Month is celebrated to commemorate the Stonewall uprising in 1969, which is acknowledged as a catalyst for the gay rights movement in the United States. LGBTQ-owned small businesses have long served as a safe and welcoming space for the community, and as they continue to open up after more than a year of limited operation, we encourage everyone to explore and support them.
We’ve teamed up with Seattle Sounders FC, Seattle Storm, Seattle Seahawks, OL Reign, Seattle Kraken, and Seattle Mariners to promote and encourage the community to visit and buy from local LGBTQ-owned small businesses.
Fans of all teams will be encouraged to visit Spend With Pride, where they can upload receipts from LGBTQ-owned small businesses for the chance to win jerseys or team prize packs from each team. Each time a receipt is uploaded, fans can select which team prize pack they would like to be entered to win. Teams will be encouraging participation all month long, with the ultimate goal of reaching $25,000 in spending at local LGBTQ-owned businesses. If the goal is reached, all six teams will then make a collective donation to support local nonprofit Gender Diversity.
Come Out and #SpendLikeItMatters
Our Pride Month celebration this year also includes a variety of additional ways to come out and #SpendLikeItMatters:
- Visit our Pride Month page to check out featured businesses, learn about upcoming virtual events, read our latest blogs, and more.
- Join us for a virtual event with the owners of Sugarpill, Fat’s Chicken & Waffles, Seeking Kombucha, and Cone & Steiner co-hosted by Ellevate & sponsored by Seattle Bank.
- Purchase gift certificates from LGBTQ-owned businesses via our Gift Certificate Marketplace.
- Write recommendations for your favorite LGBTQ-owned businesses.
- Stay tuned for the debut of our Apple Maps Guides, highlighting LGBTQ-owned businesses in Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, NYC, and London.
THANK YOU TO OUR PRIDE MONTH SPONSOR
Thanks for all that you do to #SpendLikeItMatters! Discover awesome brick + mortar small businesses in your community, suggest your favorites, and be sure that you’re following us on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
Intentionalist is built on one simple idea: where we spend our money matters. We make it easy to find, learn about, and support small businesses and the diverse people behind them through everyday decisions about where we eat, drink, and shop. #SpendLikeItMatters