It’s Latinx Heritage Month, and we’re excited to celebrate the many ways that together, the diversity of Latinx-owned businesses make our communities better – Juntos Latinx.
In addition to the health impacts of COVID-19, according to a Stanford University survey, from February to April 2020, the number of Latinx-owned businesses dropped by 32 percent. Amidst a pandemic that has disproportionately impacted Latinx families and businesses, the Latinx community inspires us with its incredible resilience and strong sense of community.
So how are you going to show up for and celebrate Latinx-owned businesses over the next month?
Here are ten ways to eat, drink, and spend like it matters as part of your Latinx Heritage Month celebration:
- Use our Latinx Heritage Month page to discover and support Latinx-owned businesses in your community.
- Participate in Mexican Restaurant Week for the chance to win a $500 travel voucher to Mexico!
- Complement your support for Latinx-owned restaurants with some fitness, and check out The Boxing Gym Westside.
- Create and share your InTENtional List of favorite Latinx-owned businesses for the chance to win cool prizes. Be sure to tag @intentionalist_ so that we can amplify your impact!
- Treat yourself to the Savor Seattle Hispanic Heritage Box – enter the code INTENTIONALIST to receive a special additional item FOR FREE!
- With that summer road trip in the rearview mirror, is your car due for a tune up? Mose Auto has you covered.
- Express your appreciation and brighten someone’s day with a gift certificate to a Latinx-owned business.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about Latinx business owners like Kevin Moulder of Tres Lecheria.
- Are we missing your favorite brick + mortar Latinx-owned businesses on our site? Suggest it, and we’ll get it added right away!
- Stay tuned for our upcoming Latinx Heritage Month #LunchLikeItMatters virtual event collaboration with The Evergrey.
How are you celebrating Latinx Heritage Month? What are some businesses that you’d like to see us highlight? Let us know in the comments below!
Our Juntos Latinx artwork was created by Enjoli Izidor Design.
Thanks for all that you do to #SpendLikeItMatters! Discover awesome brick + mortar small businesses in your community, suggest your favorites, and be sure that you’re following us on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
Intentionalist is your local guide to small businesses and the diverse people behind them. We believe that where you spend your money matters, and we’re sure glad you do too! Whether you identify as a localist, activist, or just a good neighbor, we make it easy for you to connect with, learn about, and support small businesses in your community through everyday decisions about where you eat, drink, and shop.